Friday 10th July 2020
SEPTEMBER 2020 INFORMATION
As part of the Weekly Newsletter shared with you earlier this week, I explained that I would be providing you with detailed information regarding September 2020. Following thorough reading of the latest Government guidance and working with leaders on risk assessments and all permutations, below is the definitive breakdown of information –
- All pupils from Y1 to Y6 from September will return to CHPA on Thursday 3rd September 2020.
- To support a return and transition, pupils will return to their teachers and classrooms from this academic year for Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th September only.
- From Monday 7th September, pupils will start in their new classes.
- New YR pupil will start at CHPA on Monday 7th September (8:30am-12:15pm). They will then begin full-time from Monday 14th September.
- Due to the need to ensure effective distancing, we will be running YEAR GROUP BUBBLES as this allows for more flexibility with assembly, start/finish times, play and lunchtime, whilst still ensuring pupils are limited in their contact with others across CHPA.
to the need for Bubbles and to support the health, safety and well-being of
pupils, parents and staff, we will have to employ staggered staff, finish and
- When looking at these times, please use your child’s year group from September, not the year group they have been in this year.
|YEAR GROUP||START TIME||LUNCH TIME||FINISH TIME||ENTRY POINT||EXIT POINT|
|EYFS||8:30am||11:30am||2:30pm||EYFS/KS1 main entrance||CHOOSE|
|Y1||8:45am||12:00pm||2:45pm||EYFS/KS1 main entrance||CHOOSE|
|Y2||9:00am||12:30pm||3:00pm||EYFS/KS1 main entrance||CHOOSE|
|Y3||8:30am||11:30am||2:30pm||KS2 main entrance||Main Reception gate|
|Y4||8:45am||12:00pm||2:45pm||KS2 main entrance||Main Reception gate|
|Y5||9:00am||12:30pm||3:00pm||KS2 main entrance||Main Reception gate|
|Y6||9:15am||12:00pm||3:15pm||KS2 main entrance||Main Reception gate|
- The 1-way system for entry and exit is aimed at reducing contact between adults, to reduce the possibility of infection.
- Pupils must arrive/leave at the times stated to reduce the possibility of any infection as much as possible.
- Upon arrival, pupils will go straight into their classrooms; there will be no waiting around on the playground.
- Upon collection, pupils will be brought onto playgrounds for collection at the designated time.
- It will not be possible to collect more than 1 pupil at the same time if in different year groups, for example child A finishes at 2:45pm and child B finishes at 3:15pm. This will be very difficult to manage logistically and would result in one of the children losing learning time.
- Attendance at CHPA will be compulsory for the vast majority of children. The Government relaxed the rules on attendance during lockdown. However, this will change in September. Government guidance says: ‘Missing out on more time in the classroom risks pupils falling further behind. Those with higher overall absence tend to achieve less well in both primary and secondary school. School attendance will therefore be mandatory again from the beginning of the autumn term.”
- Pupils and staff will not be wearing face coverings whilst at CHPA. The government advice is quite clear that this is not necessary. If face coverings are used on public transport to get to CHPA, they must be removed and safely disposed of or stored before entry to the building.
- Your child will be expected to follow strict behaviour rules relating to physical contact with other pupils, and keeping their hands clean. Pupils will be expected to wash their hands regularly, and/or use hand sanitiser. Pupils are able to bring in sanitiser and hand cream, but this must be clearly named and be for personal use only.
- At lunchtime, pupils will be seated in their Year Group Bubbles in one of the halls. Following this, they will be given a short playtime before resuming their learning.
- Any playtime session will be staggered so only individual Year Group Bubbles access the playground at any time.
- Due to the need for maintaining Bubbles, until there is a change in guidance, we will be unable to provide Breakfast Club or end of day wrap-around care through CHOOSE. At the earliest opportunity, we will reopen this provision, as we know how much some families rely upon it.
- All pupils will be provided with sealed packs containing required stationary for use whilst here. In the event of any lockdown, they will take these home to support their home learning. Please do not send any pencil cases into the building.
- Pupils will access a full, broad ranging curriculum, which will also include strategies and approaches that supports our Pupil Recovery Curriculum Programme (This information is provided by clicking one of the links below –
- 1. EYFS Recovery – 2. Curriculum Recovery – 3. English Recovery – 4. Maths Recovery).
- In the event of future partial or full closure, we have processes in place that will support an effective Remote Learning Programme. This Contingency Plan clearly explains the responsibilities of all stakeholders, in the case of any further lockdown. (This information is provided by clicking this link – Remote Learning Contingency Plan).
It will be the expectation that all pupils wear CHPA uniform and that all items are named. Also, please ensure your child has a named water bottle and if they have sandwiches, that this container is also clearly named.
At lunchtime, we will be providing a full menu from the kitchen, please click the link below to view this. (Please ignore the fact it says Spring/Summer 2020)
We understand that some of you and your children will be anxious about returning in September, after some months out of school. Please be reassured that we are taking exceptional measures to make our schools as safe as can be. We will be providing additional emotional and wellbeing support for all pupils, and will also be providing additional opportunities to support learning where this is required. Although very many of our pupils have worked hard using PLP resources provided by our dedicated teachers, we are fully aware that learning has been lost. We are all determined that your sons and daughters will absolutely not be ‘a lost generation’ and we’re adapting our curriculum to make sure that they get the learning and knowledge that they need to achieve success in the future. Everyone will have the opportunity to; ‘be the best you can be!’
Below is a reminder of the inset days for 2020-2021 –
Tuesday 1st September 2020
Wednesday 2nd September 2020
Monday 19th July 2021
Tuesday 20th July 2021
Wednesday 21st July 2021
The full calendar for the 2020-2021 academic year, is now available to see on the CHPA website www.charnockhallacademy.co.uk
Due to the ever-changing national picture of COVID-19, these are the plans in place at this time and are subject to change based upon future Government guidance and subsequent LEAD and Sheffield Council information, possibly with very little notice.
If you are unsure of anything explained within this letter and have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Your children deserve a great, and safe education – we will not let them down!
P M Burgess